XL4015 5A 1.25V-36V DC-DC Step Down Buck Power Supply Module
This fixed frequency PWM buck (step-down) DC/DC converter module will provide 1.25V to 36V output voltage at up to 5A current with high efficiency, low ripple, and excellent line and load regulation.
This module is ideal for regulating 12V, 18V or 24V battery voltage down to the 12V, 9V, 5V or 3.3V levels required by many electronic circuits. For example, it could step a 12V car battery down to 5V for USB-powered devices such as cell phones or Arduino microcontrollers.
- Input voltage range: 4V to 38VDC on IN+ and IN- solder connectors
- Output voltage range: 1.25V to 36VDC on OUT+ and OUT- solder connectors, adjustable with on-board potentiometer
- Output current: 0A to 5A
- Output power: 75W with heatsink installed
- Efficiency: Up to 96%
- Built-in thermal shutdown function
- Built-in current limit function
- Built-in output short protection function
- Input reverse polarity protection: None (if required, high current diode in series with the input).
- Dimensions (approximate): 54mm x 24mm 18MM (L x W x H)
- Weight: 16g
Installation & Operating Notes:
Connect the input DC power supply to the In+ and In- solder pads.
To avoid over-volting your load, we recommend setting the output voltage before connecting your load. To do so, connect a voltmeter to the Out+ and Out- pads. Ensure that the input voltage does not exceed the module’s maximum rating, and turn on the input voltage.
To change the output voltage: Rotate the potentiometer clockwise to increase the voltage, rotate it counterclockwise to decrease the voltage.
This is a step-down (buck) converter, therefore please make sure the input voltage is at least ~1V greater than the output voltage.
As with any DC-DC converter, the input DC power supply powering this converter must be capable of providing the maximum power drawn by your load. If the input supply is not capable of providing the power, the converter will fold back the output voltage as necessary. Example: If your load draws 2.5A at 6V (15W), and the input supply is only capable of providing 12V at 1/2A (6W), the maximum output voltage the converter will deliver is 2.4V (6W/2.5A).
In applications above 2A output current, the self-adhesive heatsink included with the module should be attached to the top surface of the XL4015 device.
Video review of the XL4015 Buck Converter from JohnAudioTech on Youtube:
Copyright © 2016-2021 Envistia Mall