LM2596 Step-Down Constant Current and Constant Voltage (CC CV) Charging / Voltage and Current Regulator Module
The Envistia Mall LM2596 Step-Down (Buck) Constant Current and Constant Voltage (CC CV) Regulator can provide either a Constant Voltage (CV) or Constant Current (CC) output. With a variable output voltage range of 1.25V to 30V and variable output current from 0A to 3A, it is ideal for use as an LED or laser diode current source/driver, a battery charger, a lab current/voltage source, or to regulate the output of solar panels or wind turbines to charge energy storage batteries.
- High-power (up to 3A) LED or laser diode constant current (CC) driver
- Lithium battery charger
- 4V, 6V, 12V, 14V or 24V nickel-cadmium or nickel metal hydride battery charger
- Adjustable laboratory voltage source or current source
- Dimming devices
- Regulate the output of solar panels and wind turbines to charge energy storage batteries
- Non-isolated step-down constant current, constant voltage module (CC CV charging module)
- Input voltage: 7V to 35V. For best efficiency, the output voltage should be about 80% of the input voltage
- Output voltage: Continuously adjustable from 1.25V to 30V
- Minimum Voltage difference (input V – output V): ~2V
- Maximum output current: 3A (more than 15W output, please install a heat sink)
- Constant current range: 0A to 3A (adjustable)
- Output power: 15W with natural cooling, 25W with heatsink
- Conversion efficiency: Up to 92% (Higher efficiency at higher output voltage)
- Full load temperature rise: 45 °C
- No-load Current: Typical 10mA (12V switch to 4.2V)
- Load regulation: ± 1%
- Voltage regulation: ± 0.5%
- Dynamic response speed: 5% 200uS
- Potentiometer adjustment direction: clockwise (increase), counterclockwise (decrease)
- High conversion efficiency when used with car 12V battery input
- CC/CV Red LED: Charging in constant current mode
- CH Blue LED: Fully charged
- OK Red LED: Charging in Constant Voltage Mode
- Output short circuit protection: Yes, constant current (constant current value of the current settings)
- Input reverse polarity protection: No, please comply with input voltage specifications or place an input reverse polarity protection diode in series.
- Connection mode: Soldered
- Operating temperature: Industrial grade (-40C to +85C) (if ambient temperature exceeds 40C, reduce power or add a heatsink)
- Size: 47mm (L) * 23mm (W) * 14mm (H) mm (including potentiometers)
To use the LM2596 Regulator Module as a Battery Charger:
1) Make sure of the charging voltage and current of the battery you need to charge.
2) With no load connected to the output of the module (open circuit), adjust the Constant Voltage potentiometer CV/OK to set the output voltage to the battery charge voltage
3) Short-circuit the module output, and use a multimeter in 10A current scale to measure output short-circuit current, and adjust the Current Potentiometer CC to set the output current to the expected charging current value.
4) Charge transfer lamp (CH) current default value is 0.1 times the charging current (constant current value), For lamp current adjustment, turn middle Charging Convert Light potentiometer adjustment;
5) Connect the module outputs to the battery and try charging.
To use the LM2596 Regulator Module as an LED Constant Current Driver:
1) Make sure of the operating current and maximum operating voltage of the LED you will drive.
2) With no load connected to the output of the module (open circuit), adjust the Constant Voltage potentiometer CV to set the output voltage to the LED maximum operating voltage.
3) Short-circuit the module output, and use a multimeter in 10A current scale to measure output short-circuit current, and adjust the Current Potentiometer CC to set the output current to the required LED operating current.
4) Connect the LED to the module and test.
Note: A heatsink is not included, If you are going to operate the module at greater than 15W output or in elevated ambient temperatures, you will need to supply the heatsink separately.
LM2596 CC/CV module tutorial on Youtube: https://envistia.info/lm2596-cc-cv-tutorial-youtube
Copyright © 2016-2021 Envistia Mall