PAM8302A 2.5 Watt Mono Class D Audio Power Amplifier Module
This miniature mono audio amplifier is surprisingly powerful – able to deliver up to 2.5 Watts into 4 Ohm impedance speakers, all in the form factor about the size of a US postage stamp.
The module features a class D audio amplifier controller IC, able to operate from 2.0V-5.5V DC input. Since the amp is class D operation, it is very efficient (over 90% efficient when driving an 8Ω speaker at over 1/2 Watt), making it perfect for portable and battery-powered DIY projects.
The module has 24dB gain, with a trim pot to adjust the volume on the board down from 24dB.
- Size: 24mm x 16mm (0.95 x 0.63 inches)
- PSRR (power supply ripple rejection): 50dB at 1KHz
- Filterless design
- Fixed 24dB gain, onboard trim potentiometer for adjusting input volume
- Thermal and short-circuit/over-current protection
- Low current draw: 4mA quiescent and 1uA in shutdown mode
- Shutdown pin (SD) can be connected to ground to mute the amplifier’s output
- Output Power: 2.5W at 4Ω, 10% THD, 1.5W at 8Ω, 10% THD, with 5.5V supply
- Input Voltage Vin: 2.0V – 5.5V DC, 5.0V recommended
- Speaker Load: 4-8 Ohms
Connections and Operation:
- Connect the speaker to the + and – outputs.
- Connect your audio input signal to A+ and A- audio inputs. These inputs are fully ‘differential’. If your audio source does not have differential outputs, connect the “Audio -” input to ground.
- Connect the Vcc input voltage to the Vin and GND connections.
- Adjust the gain using the onboard potentiometer. If the volume is too low or is distorted, increase the gain by turning the pot clockwise.
- Pull the SD input low (i.e. to GND) to mute the output.
The output is “Bridge Tied”, meaning that the output pins connect directly to the speaker connections with no connection to ground. The left and right channel “negative” connections should not be connected together, and the amplifier’s output should not be connected to another amplifier, it should drive the speakers directly.
PAM8302A Module Schematic and IC Datasheet:
Click here to view or download the PAM8302A Audio Amplifier IC Manufacturer’s Datasheet.
Copyright © 2018-2021 Envistia Mall