Digispark ATTINY85 and ATTINY85 MicroUSB Development Board (Arduino Compatible)
Digispark is a tiny, Arduino compatible development board using the ATMEL ATtiny85 microcontroller. It has its own USB bootloader and built-in USB capability, allowing you to program it with the Arduino SDK and also use it as a native USB device. It is similar to the Arduino line, only cheaper, smaller, and a bit less powerful.
The Digispark Micro USB version is is a modification to the standard Digispark board using a MicroUSB port rather than USB pins as part of the PCB. It can be connected to the PC using a standard MicroUSB cable.
- Support for the Arduino IDE 1.0+ (OSX/Win/Linux)
- Power via USB or External Source – 5V or 7-16V (12v or less recommended, automatic selection)
- On-board 500ma 5V Regulator
- Built-in USB (and serial debugging)
- 6 I/O Pins (2 are used for USB only if your program actively communicates over USB, otherwise you can use all 6 even if you are programming via USB)
- 8k Flash Memory (about 6k after bootloader)
- I2C and SPI (vis USI)
- PWM on 3 pins (more possible with Software PWM)
- ADC on 4 pins
- Power LED and Test/Status LED
Support for the Digispark board must be added to the Arduino IDE before attempting to program the board with it. Here is a tutorial: http://envistia.info/digisparkconnecting
The Digispark programs with a different procedure than other Arduino compatible products:
- From the Tools menu select Board→Digispark (Default – 16.5Mhz)
- Write some code, open your code, or open a Digispark example.
- Do not plug in your Digispark before invoking the upload!
- Press the upload button. The bottom status box will now ask you to plug in your Digispark – at this point, you need to plug it in – or unplug and replug it.
- You’ll see the upload progress and then it will immediately run your code on the Digispark.
- If you unplug the Digispark and plug it back in or attach it to another power source there will be a delay of 5 seconds before the code you programmed will run. This 5-second delay is the Digispark Pro checking to see if you are trying to program it.
Digistump Digispark Wiki: http://envistia.info/digisparkwiki
Digistump Arduino Releases: http://envistia.info/digistumparduino
Arduino IDE: http://envistia.info/arduinoide
ATMEL ATtiny85 datasheet: http://envistia.info/attiny85ds
How To Program A Digispark (ATTINY85) from Simple Electronics on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IYCBuY5dw0
Copyright © 2017-2021 Envistia Mall
EM-MICRP-0005 / EM-MICRP-0006