KY-037 Microphone Audio Sound Detection Sensor Module
The KY-037 Microphone sound detection module detects loud sounds like slamming doors, breaking glass, doorbells and alarms. The module has analog and digital outputs so the sensor can be ready by any microcontroller.
The microphone can be oriented horizontally (perpendicular to the circuit board), or vertically (pointed 90 degrees from the circuit board) for optimal configuration.
- Power supply voltage: +5 VDC
- Power On LED light: LED1
- Electret Condenser Microphone (ECM) sensor
- AO = analog output provides a real-time output voltage signal of the microphone
- DO = Digital output, output goes high when the intensity of the sound reaches threshold
- Comparator Circuit: LM393
- Comparator Output LED: LED2, on when sound reaches threshold
- Built in potentiometer can be used to adjust the DO threshold level
- Mounting screw hole size: 3mm
- Circuit Board Dimensions: 34mm x 15mm x 14mm (1.34 x 0.6 x 0.55 inches) L x W x H, excluding connector and microphone
Pin + to +5VDC
Pin – to Ground
Pin AO to Microcontroller Analog Input (for analog program)
Pin DO to Microcontroller Digital Input (for digital program)
LED1 will illuminate when power is applied
Turn potentiometer counter-clockwise until LED2 turns off. This is the sound threshold. Then adjust to the appropriate threshold for your application
NOTE: The electret microphone in this module is not extremely sensitive. It is designed to detect loud noises (slamming doors, glass breaking, dogs barking, doorbells, alarms, buzzers, etc.). It is not appropriate for detecting low-level sounds such as voice conversations.
Copyright © 2021 Envistia Mall